The Girls Go Digital camp is 4 days, 9am - 3:30pm.
WHAT IS THE COST OF CAMP?
WHAT DOES MY GIRL RECEIVE?
Girls Go Digital accommodates
girls ages 8 - 18.
GREEN GROUP AGES 8 – 10
RED GROUP AGES 11 – 13
BLUE GROUP AGES 14 -18
Activities and the order in which they are presented are subject change.
|9:00 -10:30am||Intro to Programming|
|12:30 - 2pm||Intro to Pixel Art|
|2:05 - 3:30pm||Digital Photography|
|9:00 -10:30am||Photo Editing|
|10:35am -12pm||Break Stuff|
|12:30 - 2pm||Web Design I|
|2:05 - 3:30pm||Binary Code|
|9:00 -10:30am||Dash & Dot|
|10:35am -12pm||Makey Makey|
|12:30 - 2pm||Intro to Circuits|
|2:05 - 3:30pm||Paper Circuits|
|9:00 -10:30am||Web Design II|
|10:35am -12pm||Tin Robot|
|12:30 - 2pm||Wrap up Projects|
|2:05 - 3:30pm||Parent Preview/Closing Awards|
This is not a complete list and activities and are subject to change. Classes are constantly updated and revised to keep up with current technology and present the best possible classes for the girls.
- Tin Robot: Hack using common household items to create your own “tin robot”.
- Intro to Circuits: Learn about basic electrical circuits, and what conducts electricity through the use of conductive ink and the paper flashlight kit.
- Binary Code: What is binary code? How does it help communicate with and control computers. Introduction to ASCII encoding scheme as it relates to Binary Code.
- Micro Controllers: Learn to create an input device using a Makey Makey.
- Paper Circuits: Explore the difference between a circuit in parallel or in series. Make a paper circuit greeting card with copper tape and an LED.
- Ozobots: Learn to program a robot using markers and paper to write the code.
- Sonic Pi: Learn how to code music.
- Soldering Badge: Learn the basics of soldering by soldering a simple circuit.
- E-Textiles: Make a bracelet using conductive thread and e-textile components.
- Intro to Programming: Learn the basics of computer programming through blocky with code.org.
- Break Stuff: Learn about parts of the computer and how to identify them through disassembling a computer.
- Intro to Pixel Art: What is a pixel? How do computers assign pixels on the screen? Create original pixel art online and in a hands-on project.
- Digital Photography: Learn the technology of digital images, the settings on a basic digital camera and how to take better pictures using basic principals of photography. The take some photos!
- Photo Editing: Using the digital pictures you’ve taken, create an original work of digital art. Introduction to different photo editing options.
- Dash and Dot: Learn to program a simple robot.